On the streets of Laredo, where we have all made our way to Gallery 201 every second and fourth Thursday of the month to find comfort and laughter listening or reciting spoken word. Tonight we will do the same.
Our community of poets lost a very important member recently. Bobert Batey was in the Laredo Border Slam 2014 Team and led The Fake Poets Society 2015 and 2017 Team (LBS's B-team) as well as serving as a board member for the Laredo Border Slam. Bob had a vision for this Galactic Frontera. We must continue his vision and passion for the arts and this city. He will be greatly missed.
We will be celebrating Bob this Thursday a little differently than our usual slam.
- Doors open and sign up list goes up at 8:00
- Slam starts at 8:30 pm
- No cut off in the sign up sheet
- No judges
- 3 mins poems (no time penalty)
- No rounds
- 2-3 poem limit for each poet
- All props, costumes, music, or animals allowed!
- All poems to or about Bob
- In other words a poetry open mic if you haven't caught on!
- BYOB for 21 & up**
**Must have a valid ID
Candlelight Vigil right after the slam from the Gallery to On The Rocks where we will continue with an Open Mic, musicians welcome. We will walk the streets of Laredo for Bob.